Finding your dream wedding gown can be stressful and it’s the most expensive garment many women will ever own, so it can feel like the pressure is definitely on. Plus, your dress sets the tone for the wedding as a whole, whether it’s a grand ballroom affair or a casual beach bash. So here are 5 pointers to consider when choosing your wedding dress:
1. Start your search very early: if possible designer gowns should be ordered six to nine months in advance to ensure there is enough time for delivery and alterations and if you want to customize your dress by adding beading or lace or by modifying the neckline or train, it can take even longer, so plan accordingly.
2. Choose your own style over Trend: Trendy wedding dresses won’t necessarily stand the test of time. A gown should be timeless. When you feel sexy and glamorous in a gown that has both modern and traditional elements, and you feel like a better version of yourself when you’re wearing it, then you know you’ve found your timeless gown. It’s something that will never go out of style.
3. Keep an open mind when trying on gown: A dress that may seem like a no no on the hanger may end up looking spectacular once you actually try it on your body. On the flip side, a gown that you’ve been pining over online might fall flat in person so keep your mind open.
4. Ask for an expert advice: Make the most of the sales assistant’s experience and knowledge. They can help you with everything from picking the right wedding dress style for your shape to picking out accessories and customizing your chosen dress.
5. Choose the dress that feels right for you and no one else. This is YOUR day and YOUR dress. You should feel beautiful and confident in your wedding gown; only you can make the right choice, not your maid of honor, Mom, or whomever else. Go in for what suits YOU and makes YOU happy!