Lucky diners were accidentally served a £4,500 bottle of red wine at a restaurant.
Hawksmoor Manchester said on Twitter it hoped the customers had enjoyed their evening after being given the pricey 2001 bottle of Chateau le Pin Pomerol.
The diners ordered a £260 Bordeaux but received the bottle “of the same vintage” which was 17 times the price.
A “mortified” staff member who made the error has been urged to keep their “chin up” as “one-off mistakes happen”.
It was only afterwards that the restaurant’s manager realised the mistake, a spokesman said.
To the customer who accidentally got given a bottle of Chateau le Pin Pomerol 2001, which is £4500 on our menu, last night – hope you enjoyed your evening! To the member of staff who accidentally gave it away, chin up! One-off mistakes happen and we love you anyway ?
— Hawksmoor Manchester (@HawksmoorMCR) May 16, 2019
Hawksmoor’s original message sparked a flurry of amused responses, including “we need to go to Manchester” and “bet they wouldn’t be able to tell the difference”.
Others praised restaurant bosses for not “flying off the handle” at the staff member involved.
- Black Queens Receive Heroic Welcome After WAFCON Qualification - December 8, 2023
- I’m Not a Backup Artiste, Place My Image At The Right Position – Wiyaala ‘Roars’ At Event Organiser - December 6, 2023
- Cardi B And Offset UNFOLLOW Each Other On IG After Cryptic Post About ‘Outgrowing Relationships’ - December 6, 2023