Cashews nuts are kidney-shaped seeds observe to the bottom of the cashew apple.
Maybe you have noticed that the cashews in the shell are not available on the market. That is because they are always sold pre-shelled because the interior of the shells contains a caustic resin that is known as cashew balm that needs to be removed very carefully before they are ready for consumption. The caustic resin is used in the industry to make insecticides and varnishes. The leading commercial producers of cashews today are Brazil, India, Tanzania, Mozambique, and Nigeria.
Cashews are rich in copper, and also in magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, and manganese.
● Destroy gram-positive bacteria
One of the most amazing compounds in the cashew nuts are anacardic acids that kill gram-positive bacteria that cause tooth decay( It is said that the people of the Gold Coast use cashew leaves and bark for a toothache.), tuberculosis, acne, leprosy, Francisella tularensis, Streptococcus pneumonia.
Cashew nut-shell liquid and the anacardic acids inside also have shown to contain antioxidant, anti-tumor and anti-Helicobacter pylori properties.
✔ There is also a suspicion that it may arrest the growth of cancer tumors such as breast cancer. [Kubo et al., 1993]
✔ Writing in Nature’s British Journal of Cancer, one group that made an analysis reported that the eating of nuts including the cashew nuts was discovered to be inversely connected with the risk of pancreatic cancer.
● Help Prevent gallstones Twenty years of dietary documents collected from the Nurses’ Health Study on 80,000 women shows that they who eat minimum 1 ounce of cashew nuts every week have 25 percent lower risk of developing gallstones. it is great to eat cashew nuts as an afternoon snack, or maybe tossing some cashews on your salad or oatmeal.
● Including the nuts in your diet, lower the risk of weight gain. The cashews have a lower fat content than the other nuts.
Cashew nuts provide many cardio-protective benefits, many people avoid them because they fear of weight gain. But one study published in the journal Obesity shows that people who eat nuts minimum 2 a week have a lower risk to gain weight than those people who never eat nuts.
So, try to include these nuts to your diet if you want to see the health benefits from the nuts.
- Nine Persons Killed In Illegal Mmining Pit At Atros - November 26, 2021
- Adele: 30 Becomes 2021’s Fastest-Selling Album Despite Sales Drop - November 26, 2021
- More Than 280,000 Ghanaians Live With Type Two Diabetes - November 25, 2021